“Alison Larkin offers hugely entertaining reflections on how we become the kind of people we think we are . . . nature versus nature, the eternal search for roots and the ups and downs of the great Anglo American love affair —marvelously light-footed — a lesson in the human condition.”
—Clive Davies, The Times, London
Alison Larkin LIVE!
Alison’s new one woman show!
As an internationally acclaimed comedienne, Alison Larkin appears all over the world. Born in Washington DC, adopted by British parents and raised in England and Africa, Alison graduated from London University and The Webber-Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art, she became a playwright and classical actress on the British stage. Then, at 28, she found her birth mother, who was living in Bald Mountain, Tennessee. The experience turned her into a stand-up comic.
She was soon headlining at the Comic Strip in New York and the Comedy Store in LA, while maintaining her theatrical career. She appeared Off-Broadway with the Royal Shakespeare Company and on Broadway in Stanley with the Royal National Theatre. She also spent three years under studio development contract to star in her own sitcom with ABC, CBS and Jim Henson Productions.
Her internationally acclaimed one-woman show has been seen in concert performances on both sides of the Atlantic and has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for charitable organizations. From conferences for major organizations to seminars and national television shows, people who listen to Alison Larkin come away inspired, empowered and, to quote the London Times, “hugely entertained.”
What they’re saying:
Alison Larkin is a powerful superstar of a performer who consistently packs out my theatre! A fresh, entertaining voice with a joyous energy that uplifts the spirit.
—Eric Hafen, Artistic Director, Bickford Theatre
Engaging . . . deliciously comic.
—Bruce Dessau, The Evening Standard
Hysterically funny, new, bi-hemispheric comedienne.
—Clive Pearse, NBC TV
Hilarious . . . moving.
—Susan Flockhart, The Sunday Herald
There’s wit to spare in her assessment of both cultures
—George Manet, Union Jack
- London Comedy Festival at the Soho Theatre in London
- Mahawie Performing Arts Center, Great Barrington, MA
- The Unicorn Theatre, Stockbridge, MA
- HEAR NOW Festival , Kansas City, MO
- Alison Larking LIVE! at the Bragg Auditorium, Kansas City, MO
- Personalities Keynote Speaker, Hyatt Regency Hotel Ballroom, Omaha, NE
- Barker Foundation fundraiser, The Roundhouse Theater, Bethesda, MD
- Adoption Institute Celebrity Fundraiser featured on the back cover of Variety magazine
- Friends of the Women’s Shelter Annual Lunchean View the brochure for the benefit
- BritsRock4Autism Presents an evening with “The English American” View flyer for more details
- The St Georges Society at the British Consulate, NY
- American Adoption Congress, Keynote Speaker
- Delaware Book Festival
- Joint Council on International Children’s Services Annual Conference, keynote speaker/entertainer
- Tavern on the Green, Central Park for the Daughters of the British Empire 99th Annual luncheon
- Author’s Week at Miraval Resort and Spa, Tucson, Arizona, as featured on Oprah
- Evan B Donaldson Adoption Institute, Edgar Center- celeb studded fundraiser!
- Southwestern Florida Reading Festival
- Southern New England’s 13th Annual Adoption Conference
- AAC Annual Conference, Keynote Speaker
- The Brown Theater, Louiseville Kentucky
- Women Write the World
Alison Larkin performances always raise the profile of the organization that is hiring her because she is always happy to promote events to her large, enthusiastic following and also, of course, on TV, radio, newspapers, on-line social and other media.
Examples of the kind of publicity that has been generated around Alison Larkin events include the two-page feature in The Washington Post around the fundraising performance she gave at the the Roundhouse Theatre to raise money for the Barker Foundation (click here to read the article) and the Alison Larkin performance that put the Adoption Institute on the back page of Variety Magazine (click here to view).
The event at Edith Wharton’s home, The Mount, sold out as a result of Alison’s appearance on NPR (listen to the interview with Alan Charlock here!).
Alison’s approach to promotion is always fun and unique.
For an example of a fun Alison Larkin promotion that has had over 53,000 hits, click here: